Wapakoneta, Ohio

I have spent lots of time and money using the Danco perfect match hot/cold stem 3J-4H/C, for NIBCO/STREAMWAY stock # 16015B.

I bought 5 of these faulty stems from Lowe's, installed them and every time they worked perfect for 7-10 days and then bam; shut it off and a constant stream of hot water would pour out of the faucet.

This runs up my electric and water bill so I have to keep buying the darn thing, i average buying 1 a week for a little over nine dollars, which is cheaper than my electric and water bill. I am spending 50% less than if I just let it run.

I am very unhappy with the malfunction of this stem, it robs me of time I could spend with my family and money that I work hard for.

I feel that this company needs to remake this part and compensate for the damage that it has cost the consumers.

Had an Experience with Danco?

Comments

Same issue.Danco products are not reliable.

Stem 05950B is really has failed 5 times. At $24, this is getting very expensive. I have similar issue with another danco stem. Rip-off for sure.

Home Depot might want to post a warning for their customers.Buyer be ware

I also have the same problem. Is there an alternative replacement we can use that fits?

I have the same problem. These stems don't last a long time. I suspect high water pressure aggravates the failure of the stems to seal.